Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pretty Flowers from my Garden

This year I finally had a good batch of flowers in my garden. The trick I learned - lightly rake in the seeds in a patch, as opposed to planting seeds in a row. I think I was always getting them too deep before.

Anyway, here are some gladiolas. They come from a bulb, and wouldn't you know I have to dig those bulbs up in the fall and replant them in the spring, but I think it's worth it. They're almost a conversation piece!


Here is a batch of the wildflowers I planted, with some Sweet Peas thrown in. So long as it doesn't freeze, and remarkably it hasn't yet, I should have a few more bouquets like this before the season is over.


To talk a bit about our day......I got up early to get my exercising done so I could start canning pears before the kids got up. Jason has been getting up long before the crack of dawn for the last month to work (his overtime stint should be done soon, hooray!), so I just got up with him. Then my neighbor called and invited us to the Children's Museum, because there was going to be a lady doing music with kids there. So, last minute we went. I'm glad we did! Ruby was the star of the show! She was the only kid even trying to sing the words that the teacher taught us, and she was gung-ho about the motions and movements. Reder was a bit more shy, and slow to warm up, but eventually he couldn't contain his groove either. It was a riot. I'd definitely do that again. By the end of the hour everyone knew who Ruby was.

Tomorrow is our first gymnastics experience....I already put my camera in my purse so I can be sure to get a few shots of this. I think I'm more excited than the kids!

No comments: