Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Day Off

I like Tuesday because it is our day off - we have nowhere in particular we have to be at a given time. Today both kids slept in, which was great. Ruby definitely needed it! We got out Halloween decorations, which was a blast. I forgot what a magical experience decorating a house for whatever holiday can be for a kid. We finally got dressed for the day and made it to the grocery store, but our favorite checker Cindy just went on break when we got in line so kids didn't get a sticker. Darn it, that's what I bribed them with to get them there in the first place!

Once outside, Ruby decided to try to climb on a tall cement wall. I leapt over to grab her and of course my cart rolls off the sidewalk, over the curb, and into the parking lot at full speed. Luckily there were no cars, and more luckily a guy walking by sprinted over and stopped it for me. Ahh, embarrassing!

Anyway, kids played with magnets when we got home. Reder asked me how to spell Dino and Lissery (you know, his best friends). He had spelled "reder" too, but needed the "er" to finish Lissery, so left it at "red". The numbers are there for their ages; Lissery is 7, Dino is 9, and Red is 4 (I just figured this out now while I was typing this! Funny!). Also, did you know that Dino's Dad is 20, and his Mom (Andrew) is 33? I didn't know that, Reder!



My new treadmill was delivered tonight. I got a steal of a deal - really cheap, with free shipping! A giant semi pulled up and somehow managed to back into our cul-de-sac and to our driveway. The guys got if off the truck, and somehow Jason got them to help him get it in the basement (we would have had to call 5 friends otherwise - it is 350 pounds - but they had a dolley). They were even nice enough to let Reder climb in the cab of the truck and pull the horn (which made me and Ruby jump). It was pretty cool.

Then we were all playing ball and thought of getting Cubby and Skippy's giant, indestructible ball out for them. Cubby pushes it with her nose, and Skippy kicks it like a soccer ball (both at the same time, so they make absolutely no progress getting it anywhere). I don't think the kids had seen this before and they thought it was hilarious.



Another gorgeous day!! Kids got to bed a touch late but oh well, we were having fun outside. And did I mention that Ruby actually took a nap today??

No comments: