Today was an absolutely gorgeous day - not a cloud in the sky, in the 70s, no wind. Phenomenal. We went to church, then came home and quickly fed the kids lunch and tried to put them to bed. Reder was EXHAUSTED today. I don't know why - yesterday wasn't anything too atypical for him, though we were out and about on our "date" during his usual rest time, so he didn't get that much of a rest. Could that have made such a difference? Anyway, he was a monster. We thought for sure he would take a nap, but alas, no. While kids were "napping" (Ruby did sleep though, of course) Jason and I picked things in the garden. Check out my awesome cabbage:

This was a gorgeous cabbage. We also picked some carrots and I whipped up a quick cole slaw. Yummy.
When kids were up we decided we wanted to enjoy the weather, but have lights out at 7 pm sharp (tomorrow is Reder's first day of school, PLUS he was still a monster when he got up....). So, we went on an early picnic up Hyalite canyon. This was great fun, and Reder's mood improved immensely. He says this was the best place we've gone. We ended up eating our dinner about 4, but that was fine. We also went on a little hike. The girls got to come too, so it was great.
Here we are enjoying our dinner:
Reder was having fun with sticks:
Ruby was having a blast too. You can tell when she's having fun because she talks and talks. She picked me a pretty leaf and said "Mommy this is your special flower. It's very special." She wanted me to carry her all the way back, which was like a 30 pound dead weight in my arms, but I needed the exercise. A woman brought over these fabulous cookies yesterday for the party and I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar.....anyway, off the topic. Here is Ruby being cute:
I have a huge note posted next to my camera on the counter to take Reder's picture tomorrow before his first day of school, so let's hope I actually remember!



No comments:
Post a Comment