I have nothing that cool to write today, but we sure did have fun playing outside today. Ruby slept so long this morning that Reder and I pruned some trees, cut some grass with my shears (that was in a funny spot so wasn't reached by the mower), hung some clothes on the line, and swang and swang and swang. When Ruby got up we went to Cashman's nursery and bought the final installment (3 plants) for my beds out front. Now I just have to plant them! While we were there Reder says "I'm looking for some pinksters!" I had no idea what those were but we looked and looked and finally he says "here is a pinkster!" It was a basic geranium. I told him we had one of those at home and he seemed satisfied, but on the way home he told me we had to go to a different plant store to get some "orangesters." Huh? Reder wouldn't take a nap (he kept yelling from his room "hey Mommy, can I come out now??). Later he tells me "I wanna talk to someone on the phone. I wanna call Aunt Mary!" So we did. Then he played in his playhouse the rest of the afternoon. He was cooking and cleaning up, he told me. Ruby just wanted to be there with him but it was too darn hot in that playhouse for me so Ruby and I hung out on the deck out front instead for quite a bit of the time. Tonight he helped Daddy mow the lawn. Once they're done cutting Jason lifts the blade, lowers the throttle, and lets Reder drive it all by himself. Our machine isn't the kind with a steering wheel...it has arms that you push forward or pull back to steer, go, or stop. Reder totally has it figured out! Jason just holds onto him and Reder's free to go where he wants. It's funny to watch.
Oh, I thought of something funny Reder said the other day. He says "Mommy, where we went today?" It happened to be a busy day so I listed the places we went (it was probably two places, max). He tells me "we had lots of wents today!"
Okay, time for bed! Yes I know it's early but I get up early so there!
No comments:
Post a Comment