Well, I think I got lucky in that Reder just wanted to have a family party for his birthday....that's easy. There was no way I was going to get away with that with Ruby. She wanted a Tinker Bell party! So, we invited the neighborhood and a couple of church friends and had it last Friday afternoon.
Here's the cake...not pretty but she was happy. Those are two fairies on top. I just didn't have the time to do some ornately-decorated thing, and I think I've decided that nobody cares anyway.
We had Fairy Station all set up for the little kids when they got here. Pink wands (on the left...I don't think fairies even have wands but wings were too expensive), tinker bell headbands (green in the middle)...and boys were going to be made into elves with swords and sashes. We also had out the princess play clothes, just in case:
Our little 4 year old fairy, so excited for her friends to get here:
Pixie Punch!:
Ruby, Reder, and our friend Treyson from across the street:
I called myself the "Fairy Godmother". I put on an old, outdated formal dress from college and put my hair in a bun. Kind of a funny story...one little boy who came is NOT into girlie stuff. He knocked on the door and I opened it and told him I was the Fairy Godmother and he turned around and ran! It was hilarious! He eventually let me elf him though and that was cool.
I wanted a cheap easy craft they could do as kids got here....coloring rocks! We called them Magic Fairy Sleeping Stones. You color it and put it in your room and then you will have sweet dreams.
Time for some cake!
We played one game called "Flamingo". One kid stood like a flamingo and the other kids had to get them to fall over without touching them. It was pretty funny.
We also played Hot Potato with Ruby's baby Tinkerbell doll.
This is how it looks when presents are opened. Funny.
My parents came over the next day and brought her a desk that used to be Aunt Karie's that Dad refinished. She loves it!
Well, now Jason and I need to go get her gift from us out of the basement. We'll give it to her tomorrow on her real birthday. I found an awesome bike at a consignment store...pink and everything. I hope she likes it!













No comments:
Post a Comment