On Friday we took the kids to my parents' house. They had dinner there and Jason and I went out to dinner for our 12th anniversary. Fun! Then we went back to Gramma's and we all stayed the night b/c the next morning Jason had a board meeting for Luccock Park Camp, our church's camp pretty much across the street from my parents. While he was there we did some fun things, like beading:
Swinging in the sunshine with our safety glasses on (from crafting in the garage with Papa):
Mom and Dad have tons and tons of tree swallows. They are so cute. These birds are kissing. :)
On Saturday morning we went up to Luccock too, just to explore and play in the river. Compared to last year the river is very tame - we just haven't had a crazy wet spring like last year. I wasn't scared to have the kids around it. We did a lot of poking around for rocks:
Then the shoes and socks had to come off so we could wade in that freezing cold water:
And not surprisingly, so did the pants:
While we were gone the doggies had a lot of fun. I blame Charlie for instigating this adventure, but Cubby and Skippy for playing a huge part in thinking it was awesome. Somebody got a mostly-full box of Nilla Wafers!
It has been so warm lately it feels like summer. So, Ruby got to do some playing in the well water:
After dinner we found Karie's old bike in the garage. It was way too big for Ruby:
But it was only a little tiny too big for Reder so he thought this was great fun:
Mom made me a chocolate pie. I never get chocolate pie so this was a treat! Usually it's fruit pies b/c otherwise my family is not happy.
We had a great Mother's Day. I got to do things I love - going to church, working in my garden, and having dinner with friends. Here we are having dinner at the Kay's, using their fire pit to make pizza pockets. There is a long story behind why Jason Kay and I are "cuggling". Maybe someday I'll take the time to type it out. Funny!
Yummy! Everything tastes particularly good outside.
Chip and Steff:
The Jason's happened to be wearing matching shirts. Funny again!
It was almost 80 degrees today. So, after school the kids talked me in to hooking up a new water toy they got from Jason's parents. One naked butt:
Two naked butt:
That water was freezing, I don't know how they did this:
Hyalite Canyon was supposed to open today so we decided to go on a picnic for dinner. Well, we got up there and the road was still closed. Really?? We got lucky and the "group camping site" that was located before the gate was not being used, so we had our picnic there. I'm so glad it's summer, though knowing Montana it could snow next weekend and no one would think anything of it. It's just that we have had a few awful springs and this year is raising all of our spirits!





















No comments:
Post a Comment