Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Big Girl Bed

Ruby has learned to climb in and out of her crib, so we decided that instead of waiting until she hurts herself, we would move her to her Big Girl Bed.

Here is her last night in her crib:


We did some mattress rearranging and gave Ruby my mattress and box springs from when I was in college. We plopped them on the floor, stole the bed rail from Reder, and there you go, the Big Girl Bed (I thought Reder would be okay without the rail, but last night he fell out of bed - oops! He'll learn). I took her to the store on Friday and let her pick out sheets. She chose Barbie, and a new Barbie blanket:



Ruby absolutely loves her Big Girl Bed. She napped in it like a champ, and last night made her night-time mimis in it just great. She's still asleep now, in fact! I told her not to get out and she has listened to me so far. This is a far-cry from our Big Boy Bed experience with Reder! Anyway, last night she told me her baby was tired. She disappeared for awhile and I didn't think anything of it. THen when we went to put Ruby to bed, there we found Baby Becky all tucked into the Big Girl Bed, with her head on the pillow and the Barbie blankie pulled up to her chin. Funny!

Reder lost his mattress to Ruby, but gained Jason's extra-long twin that fits better in his captain's bed anyway. So, Friday I had to get him some new sheets for it too, b/c of its extra length. Reder had to go to school, so I asked him what kind of sheets he wanted, and he said white. Really? What kid wants white sheets? Well, lucky for me, that literally was all they had a the store - a single remaining set of extra-long white sheets. He was giddy. So was I!


No comments: