Saturday, January 3, 2009

Randomness....


My first quilt!  This is the quilt I made for my best friend Kelly's daughter Briar, whom they recently adopted from Korea.  This is a Four Sisters Quilt - Kelly, Briar, me and Ruby, since Ruby and Briar were born the same year.  I had so much fun making it, I think I'll do another one soon!  Good thing you can't see the details in this picture because there are plenty of boo boos, but that's okay.  I hope Grandma Wynja would be proud!!  It's funny how you can miss someone so much, even though you didn't grow up with them, and she was technically my grandma-in-law as opposed to a grandma I've known since childhood, but still....I think of her often.  We wish she was still with us.  She was an avid quilter, and now I have the priviledge of using her machine.




Today before naptime Reder told us he wanted Daddy and Ruby to read him books.  This is what I found when I went upstairs to make sure everything was going okay:



Me and the kids all had an "off" day...maybe it's because everyone got up so early.  I was tired and crabby all day, it was hard to get Ruby to smile, and Reder didn't want to take a nap, even though he'd been up since the crack of dawn.  I admit I'm happy today's about over.  Now that everyone's in bed I get to sit in my jammies on the couch, drink hot chocolate, and do whatever I please!

1 comment:

diana said...

Awesome quilt!! I know I got to see it before, but it is so pretty and you did a great job!