Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just another Tuesday

Today was just a typical Tuesday for us - both Jason and I had to work, which always makes for a chaotic morning and evening.  I absolutely love my job but I recently quit.  I just don't like the lifestyle that comes with two working parents.  I know I'm lucky in that I have options.  I will be done the end of February.  I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to get done at work first.  We'll see if I get it all done!  Now that I have two kids I'm finding there's SO much at home to keep me busy, plus there's other things in life I'd like to explore, which is becoming easier now that Reder is older and Ruby isn't a newborn.  I'm going to go back to editing scientific papers and grants, which I can do at my leisure, as much or as little as I want.  I will miss the lab but I think this is for the best.

I started another Bible study this week.  Silly me, I agreed to be a group leader.  That's okay, I do feel like I have experience in that regard after a couple of seminars in college that were reading/discussion based (did anybody else take Text and Critics?) and most classes in graduate school.  This one is on Mark.  I admit I know nothing in terms of details about the Bible, only big-picture stuff, so I'm finding it quite fun.  I got a new study Bible for Christmas and I think I'm going to need it.  

What a boring post!  We just haven't been up to much lately.  I don't even have a funny Reder quote.  Well, I guess he did say something when he was trying to go to sleep tonight.  He was yelling for Daddy and said "Reder needs something to throw on the floor!"  Huh?  It's always something.  I got Ruby some new bottles that are bigger and flow faster and boy can she suck down a lot of formula.  Maybe she'll sleep better now that she can eat more at once.  We've had problems with her waking up early in the morning, but I'm certain it's because she's hungry.

Well, time for bed so I'll sign off.

No comments: