Sunday, February 6, 2011

What we do on our days off

When the kids and I don't have anywhere to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we usually take our time getting ready in the morning. This means that while I'm cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, and sometimes getting something started for dinner, they play like crazy. The other morning I caught them doing this. Ruby is dressed like a fairy, and they are pushing their cars, which are filled with Care Bears.

Let me say a few things about the Care Bears. Last week when I was sick we did some serious NetFlix watching while I laid on the couch. We streamed this Care Bear movie that had Wish Bear, and her star friend Twinkers. One night Jason remembered his Grandma Wynja had made him some Care Bears, and wouldn't you know when we dug them out one of them was Wish Bear. Oh my was that something special. So the next day I sewed up a quick stuffed Twinkers (I quickly learned that we really needed two TWinkers so the next day I made another). They have been playing with them ever since. I will also say that these kids do not play with their new toys - they play with trains, Lego's, and these riding cars (one of which we've had since Reder was an infant), and that's it. Don't ask me why we bothered with Christmas presents!



No comments: