Sunday, February 20, 2011

A goat and some noodles

Yesterday was a cold cold cold day, but we decided to go to the Wild West Winterfest anyway. It's pretty much just a winter fair. It seems to be a rule that it's bitter cold the weekend of, and this year followed suit. The first thing we did was run out to the barns to see all the animals.

Here is Ruby trying to make friends with a goat. The funny thing was that she did not know he was trying to nibble her elbow. I want a goat!



Then a 4H boy asked if we wanted to ride a horse - they were only asking for donations. Of course we'd love to ride a horse! So one by one the kids got to ride this huge brown guy - Jason walked with them to hold their hand. Both kids loved this! (my only memory of riding a horse was when I was on a horse behind Karie on a horse, and wouldn't you know her horse did the most amazingly loud toot you have ever heard (or smelled!) right in my face. Nice).




We also enjoyed our time in the petting zoo, but those pictures are on Jason's fancy camera. I'll have him post those sometime. My favorite was the baby goats (again, I want a goat!). They would hop sideways in play, and one liked to get underneath Jason's legs whenever he squatted down. Reder enjoyed watching the chickens sqwack and jump/fly all over the place. That gave him the giggles. Ruby liked the baby bunny, and the baby goat of course.

Then last night we decided to make homemade pasta for dinner. I made some sauce (which was ridiculously easy, and WAY better than jarred stuff), and we all helped make noodles. The kids love running the dough through it.

Oh my gosh, Ruby is looking at the camera and not doing the CHeese face.

Noodles are fun!


I like this picture:


We cannot get this boy to stop picking his nose. I don't know what to do about it. It seems like the only fix might be when someone at school makes fun of him. I'm guessing it would stop them. Sadly, all of the other kids at school probably pick their noses too!


Not sure what we're doing today. We're back to COLD weather, and a little snow. We'll go to church, then not sure what else. Reder doesn't have school tomorrow so maybe we will try to do something fun then. Have a great day! PS: My family is still all asleep right now!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Yes, get a goat or two and some chickens. They both go really well with bees.
Once you get Jason to stop picking his nose then Reder may stop as well. Boys really look up to their dads.

Jill said...

And you are scared of eating store-bought food?