Sunday, February 6, 2011

A night off for Mom and Dad

Jason and I planned a night away to Chico Hot Springs, taking advantage of a local's mid-week special. First, Gramma Janet came and picked up the kids on Thursday morning and took them home with her. (A funny: Gramma said that when they were driving on their bumpy road Reder said "This road is too bumpy for me to pick my nose!"). That meant I had all day to do what I wanted....turns out I went to town and did a run I've never done before, which was quite fun. Then I came home and cleaned cleaned cleaned. I was pretty exhausted by the time my day was over. I picked Jason up from work at 4 and we headed over to the Paradise Valley to Chico. We ate an over-indulgent dinner and went swimming in the hot springs. The next day we hiked to the top of the hill overlooking the resort:




On our way back we stopped by their green house and saw the "Dougie Buggy" parked out front. This picture is for Ruby.

Then we ate an over-indulgent breakfast, went swimming one more time, then had to checkout. Boo hoo. We spent the rest of the day wandering around Livingston (which we've never really done before), and spent a couple of hours reading in a coffee shop. Finally we headed back to my parents for dinner, and to pick up the kids. Everyone had a wonderful time, and I mean everyone. We will have to do that again! We both feel refreshed, but at the same time it was kinda rough getting back into the groove, even though we'd been gone only one night!

No comments: