Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Fun

First off, I have been way into all things homemade lately. I've always kind of been that way, but recently I watched the movie Food, Inc. If you watch it, you will want to eat nothing from the store. One thing I've been making lately is homemade yogurt. Between my friend Steff and I, we are yogurt making machines. I've been making plain for us but not surprisingly, the kids don't like the tart factor. So, yesterday I made "kid" yogurt. After I cooked the milk I added some jam and honey, then cultured it. Yummy!

This is what Ruby thought of it:



She was licking it out of the bowl, and trying to get out every last drop.
I also tried my hand at butter. That failed, but I need to research the difference between all the different creams out there.

On another note, Chip and Sarah came over for dinner tonight. Reder loves to play "chase" with anyone who is willing, so poor Chip got sucked into a lot of that. Then Reder discovered the camera and wanted to take a picture of Chip. I can only hope Jason Kay sees this:


Then Reder wanted Chip to stand next to Dad so he could take their picture together. Not sure what to make of this one, but I think it's funny:


Apart from this we really didn't do much this weekend. The wind has been amazingly awful the last few days. Out of the blue this afternoon it stopped, so we went on a walk to get some fresh air. Now it's so warm all of our snow is disappearing fast!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have to say that all 3 of our kids are related. Ruby eats just like Wally! And, all Wally wants to do these days is play chase, or as he calls it "Run the leader!"

Happy V-day!