We decided to do something fun on the Saturday before Father's Day. We loaded up the kids and my parents in the van and went to Helena for the day. It is about 1.5 hours away. We stopped at the Wheat Montana Bakery in Three Forks and had a cinnamon roll. Then we drove up the east side of Canyon Ferry Reservoir, which is something we've never done but always wanted. Then we went on to Helena. These pictures are out of order....for the life of my I can't get them uploaded in order, and when I try to move them once they're uploaded, I just mess everything up. I figured no one will care.
At one point in the day we went to the Tizer Botanical Gardens, just outside of Helena in Jefferson City. That was WELL WORTH the stop. It was raining, so that was kind of a bummer, but it was sure neat to see. At the moment I am not finding many of the pictures we took there - this one of moss will have to suffice. :) We will definitely go back. Poor Papa had to sit and wait for us though, b/c of his broken ankle. He got nicknamed "The Handicapped Man" during this trip - say that name to the tune of "The Candy Man can...." For some reason we thought that was darn funny.

We stopped for lunch at this nasty place called The Staggering Ox. Supposedly it is a must-see in Helena because they bake their sandwich bread in cans, then hollow it out and stuff in meat and cheese and veggies. Too bad it was just plain gross. We all tried real hard to like it though.
A definite highlight of the day was stopping at this place that had a carousel AND ice cream. We just happened to notice it after we swung by Carroll College to see what had changed there (turns out a lot had changed!). Many of you may remember I went there for a semester my freshman year of college, and I barely recognized it. Anyway, here we are on the carousel:
Well, I know this post contains relatively old photos, but I hope it will put an end to the hate mail I've been receiving about not blogging. :) I have all our pictures on the computer now so I will post more soon. Time for bed, nighty night!




1 comment:
I LOVE the Staggering Ox! You must not have gotten camel spit dressing to put on it. You didn't cut it in half did you? There is an art to eating the tasty sammy.
Post a Comment