Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Fun in the Mountains


We take very seriously the prospect of cramming as much fun into our brief Montana summer as possible. The other night we went on another dinner picnic. Jason got home right on time, and I had everything loaded in the car. We drove up the canyon and ate our dinner at the Palisade Falls trailhead. Pretty meager pickings - pb&j sandwiches, carrots, chips and salsa....I made some pudding but the kids wouldn't eat it. Here we are enjoying our dinner:


It is only 0.5 mile on a paved trail to the falls - as such, this is a perfect hike for little kids. Ruby walked the whole way by herself. Reder pretty much ran the whole way. They entertained themselves with sticks, rocks, etc. I am in the process of potty training Ruby so we had to stop and pee a few times too.


We're lucky to live so close to something so pretty!

This is a pica we spied on the rocks on the way down - noisy little critter. Fun to see!

No comments: