Friday, July 30, 2010

A Canyon Hike

One afternoon last week I took the kids on a hike up South Cottonwood Canyon, not too far from our house. It's 1 mile to the river, which is where we usually go. I didn't think Ruby could walk up the big hill to the river, so I put her in the backpack. I usually use my soft Ergo, but I decided to try the frame pack we got from a friend instead. Bad idea - it is just too big for me I think. Either that or it's adjusted for Jason, and not me. Regardless, it was not a fun chug up the hill. But once we got to the river it was all worth it.

We threw lots of rocks:


Found a cool spot to pee in the forest:


And ate some snack by the river:



All in all, very fun. Both kids walked all the way back without complaints, which I knew would be the case with Reder but I wasn't sure about Ruby. If anything I had to jog to keep up with them!
Next time I'll bring the Ergo.

No comments: