A couple of weeks ago we went to the Gallatin County Fair. I love the fair, and wouldn't miss it. It's an opportunity to do a whole bunch of things you wouldn't normally do, like:
Eat a corn dog and a funnel cake (the kids liked both, of course):

Watch a pig race (Ruby's pig won one race, Jason's won the other):
Pet a chicken:
Ride some rides that look completely unmaintained, and are run by scary-looking dudes (they don't look like they're having fun, do they?):




I think it was the hottest day of the summer - seems like that is a rule for the fair. Although, hot was probably something like mid-80's....I don't think we've even hit 90 at our house yet this year, and I don't think we're going to!
Totally off the subject, but Reder has been asking me some tough questions lately. These are my two favorites:
"What does the sun do during the nighttime?" I had to get out the globe and try to explain it to him. He seemed satisfied with my answer....maybe he understood?
"What are you and Daddy going to do once Ruby and I grow up?" Wow, tough one. I have no idea! I'm already sad about it, so let's not talk about it!
"Why does GG have a bridge in her grass? There isn't any water." My grandma really does have a bridge in her yard, that goes nowhere really. I don't know what made Reder think of this. I didn't have a very good answer, either.
Tomorrow is "walmart day". I hate walmart day, but it simply must be done. I usually only go once a month though, so I guess it could be worse.


No comments:
Post a Comment