Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day...it was maybe a touch on the chilly side, but in the sun it couldn't have been more perfect. We skipped church and worked on the pavillion instead (skipping church has been a common summer theme....oops!). After naptime we went up Kirk Hill. Reder has been begging to do that hike for awhile! We brought both backpacks, because we weren't sure if one or either would be handle the steep incline. We only did the 1.5 mile loop too, to keep it easier. There was only a little bit of the way up where we carried them (the steepest part) and Reder ran all the way down. I carried Ruby because I was worried she would crash and burn on the really steep parts.
Anyway, here is a view of the valley from part-way up. Pretty!

Here we are at the top, sitting on a giant log eating a little snack and drinking some water:
Reder seems to appreciate views. He always sits and savors it - too cute! One time he was riding on the ATV at the Reder Ranch with Papa Randy. Reder was trying to yell something at Papa over the noise of the machine. It then became apparent that Reder was asking Papa "Don't you know what a view is??" I guess they were in a pretty spot then, too.
We found some wild raspberry bushes on the way down. They were fairly picked-over, but we managed to snag a few. I also found a gigantic, hairy caterpillar. Now that it is uploaded I realize this isn't the best picture we have of him. Oh well, kids thought it was cool.
Wany arrives tonight, late. We are excited to see him. All day Reder has been asking me crazy questions that I just don't know how to answer, like "Why is China farther away than Texas?" "Why is Wany from China?" Ahh!!



No comments:
Post a Comment