Today we had the opportunity to go snowboarding again. I got new boots (40% off!) since our last try, as my feet have grown a bunch from pregnancy. This time I was so much more comfortable!! We drove to Livingston and dropped the kids off at my parents', which made everyone happy. Then we quickly turned around and drove to Bridger Bowl. Today was a perfect example of spring skiing - slush, slush, and sunshine. We didn't mind the slush - it's better than ice, and was actually quite fun. The first picture is from the lift - notice how there is nobody on the slopes:

A beautiful view of the mountains in the distance (again, note the lack of people, except for me down towards the bottom):
Here's me taking a breather:
This picture did not get turned right, but the scenery is sure pretty!:
We had so much fun practicing our turns. Well, not really turns, but going straight down the hill but alternating between toe and heel edges. With no one around I didn't feel like I had to watch for anyone and could instead focus on what I was doing. Plus with the slush I was not afraid of falling b/c it wouldn't hurt. I could keep up with Jason this morning but by this afternoon he was either going faster, or I slowed down considerably. Either way, great day! This is likely the last time we'll go this season - too expensive, and it's warming up. At the end of the day we went back to my parents', ate dinner, then loaded everyone in the car for the ride home. Reder instantly fell asleep but Ruby sang to herself the whole way home, even though she took a lousy nap so I know she was tired. It's 7:15pm now and kids are asleep in their beds....time for some relaxing. Have a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment