Both my mom's and Karie's birthdays are close together at the end of March, so we usually have a joint birthday party. Saturday night after we got home from Billings I frosted the birthday cake. I made a coconut cake with this marshmallow-like frosting, with toasted coconut on top. I did not include a picture of me licking the frosting out of the bowl (a little bit of frosting dipped in left-over coconut = heavenly), but here is me with the finished product. :

Here is the typical picture of us all sitting down to eat. We had brunch - mom made a stratta and some sausages (I had no idea Ruby liked sausage, but she ate one then said "sausie!!"; she wanted more) and I made a fruit salad, and obviously the cake. We ate well to say the least:
Ruby eating her lunch:
Blowing out the candles is as much fun for Reder as it was for the birthday girls. Ruby didn't know what was going on but she certainly wanted a piece of cake. When I was serving it up I got to her last and she shouted "RUBY!" and pointed at the cake. Guess she wanted some too and I was being slow. No picture of that unfortunately.




No comments:
Post a Comment