Friday, June 26, 2009

Ruby Uses a Spoon

On a whim we gave Ruby a spoon and a bowl of yogurt(actually I think it was because we were tired of feeding her). What happened was so amazing I quickly grabbed the camera:

Still messy, and messier than when we feed her, but much easier.

She has always been good at feeding herself with her hands, but some foods, like yogurt, are not good finger foods. Yet I wasn't too surprised at her ability to use the spoon. Just like Reder she has great manual dexterity (maybe not as good as Reder, but still very good), and she is also very good at mimicking anything we do. Of course she has seen us use spoons to feed ourselves and feed her hundreds of times, so she knew just what to do. Sort of like the other day when she found Reder's binoculars in the toy box and was immediately looking around through them - she had seen us do that with ours.

No comments: