Instead, tonight Ruby and I had the most fun we have ever had together. When sitting her up on her changing table to put on her pajamas she tried to stand up. She grabs your hands and pulls up. She stiffens like a board and expects you to tip her up. This makes it difficult to put on pajamas. She wasn't acting like she was planning to go to bed.
Once I finally got her dressed and onto my lap in the recliner, she had no interest in taking the bottle. Instead, she grabbed the baby towel I had ready to wipe her mouth, etc, and started flailing it around. And then she did something I didn't believe I saw until she did it several times - she covered her eyes with the towel and waited. I would say "Where is Ruby?" and she would throw down the towel, open her eyes wide, bounce, and laugh hysterically. Then repeat this. It is funny how simple things don't get old for a baby; She repeated this probably 20 times. Then she was looking at me and all of a sudden lunged and covered my eyes with the towel. I said "Where is DaDa?" and she pulled it down and laughed even harder. She alternated between this and covering her eyes for another dozen or so times. So funny! By this time we were both laughing so hard that there was no way I was going to get her to calm down enough to take her bottle, so Mommy came to kick me out an put Ruby to bed. So Fun!
1 comment:
It made my night to read this post! I can just picture Ruby doing that and having a blast--so cute!!!
Post a Comment