Monday, February 16, 2009

A Sunday at Gramma Janet's

Friday afternoon Reder got it in his head that he wanted to go to Gramma Janet's house RIGHT NOW.  I told him we would go Sunday.  So what does he do?  He wakes up at 5:30 am on Saturday, ready to go.  He says, "no get dressed, no eat breakfast, just get in car and go to Gramma's house."  We had to remind him that we weren't going until Sunday.  That afternoon he didn't nap either because he was too excited.  Crazy!  Sunday morning we finally went to Gramma's.  He was so excited again.  It really was cute.  Some of the highlights of his day:

Eating apple pie.  "Reder loves apple pie!"  He tells me that all the time.


Gramma Janet always lets him "do dishes":

Is this kid left-brained or what?  He filled all of his dishes with water and lined them up on the floor for the dogs:


Today I let Reder have a shot at feeding Ruby and this is what happened (why is this a hyper link again??):



Both kids thought this was cool, but required a huge clean-up on our part.  It kept them entertained while I was cooking dinner anyway.

So, I thought we had gotten a visit to Gramma's out of his system by going to Livingston yesterday, but today Reder informed me that he wants to go to Gramma Mary's RIGHT NOW.  I told him it's 8 hours away so we can't go right now.  He says "Reder feels like driving 8 hours, let's go!"  I told him we could ask Daddy.  He says "No ask Daddy, Mommy Ruby Reder get in car and go now!"  Good thing they're coming to visit next month!!

No comments: