Monday, February 9, 2009

A busy Sunday


Yesterday we decided to skip church; it has not been fun lately.  Reder all of a sudden is scared of the nursery, he's too loud and wiggly to keep in the service for a long period of time, and it's during Ruby's nap so she isn't overly happy either.  I usually sit out in the Narthex and entertain kids.   So, we took this Sunday off.  I made homemade bagels.  I've never done that before but I certainly would again!  We worked in the basement getting my treadmill set up again.  Sadly it's been ONE YEAR since I've exercised regularly, which I hate.  Now that Ruby is sleeping through the night, and I consistently wake up at 5:30 every morning anyway, I'm going to start again.  I did this morning and it was nice.  If you're wondering, Ruby has been sleeping in a little later than 5:30 lately anyway, so this will work well.  Even when she did wake up at 5:30 I never went to her till 6 anyway...so.....After naptime we took the kids for a mini-hike on Peet's Hill, which is a big hill in the middle of town with a great trail and wonderful views.  Ruby slept the whole time on my back.  Reder talked and talked in Jason's ear.  We next went to the grocery store, and for a treat took Reder to the Burger Store (aka wendy's).  Yum (I"m saying this sarcastically), but it's cheap, Reder can eat the food (allergy-wise), and he will eat the food (2 year old-wise).  Ruby liked her french fry until she started coughing on it and barfed up all of her baby food.  Nice.  Good thing the high chair had a tray. 




Today is Monday, which means it's my last day home before I go to work for the week.  Monday's are usually very busy for me.  Laundry, cooking, cleaning, plus Bible study lately.  Plus it's the day of getting back into the swing of things of caring for these two on my own without my helper (Daddy).  I hope most Mom's feel that way!  You know, you get used to having your helper around and then Monday comes around and you have to relearn.  Not like it's hard, and it comes back very very fast, but it takes me a minute to ground myself.

Have a great day!!

No comments: