Monday, March 2, 2009

Home Improvement Projects

Okay, this isn't a picture of a home-improvement project, but she's sure cute.  I love sleeping babies.
Here are pictures of my new laundry room.  They are hickory cabinets we got on clearance at Lowes and I love them!

Here is the other side of the laundry room.  It's a strange-shaped room so installing cabinets was a bit of a challenge.  I'm glad it wasn't me!  I need to touch up some paint, obviously, but this yellow does not go with these cabinets so I'm going to paint it another color.  Any ideas?  I HATE picking paint colors.  I always get it wrong.


This is the doorway between the dining room and kitchen.  It used to be open all the way to the ceiling but it just seemed a little too "modern" for my liking, so Jason framed it lower and installed trim to make it look like a real door.  This picture is looking from the dining room to the kitchen:
Here is looking from the kitchen to the dining room.  Note the grandfather clock in the background.  It doesn't work but we swapped an old composter we didn't use for this thing with some friends of ours.  I like it, but since it doesn't work I'm learning to hate it hogging all the room over there.   We keep it tied shut so Reder won't open the door and mess around with the chime.  Maybe we just need to break down and buy a new mechanism....

This is my first week of "retirement."  So far it doesn't feel any different but I'm usually off Mondays anyway so I'm not surprised.  I'm going to be editing from home again and this morning I already got my first job, so I guess there's no break for me!  That's okay, we all of a sudden are going from two incomes down to one, and now we have to pay for our own health insurance, whereas before MSU paid for it.  Life is expensive!

No comments: