Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Winter is back

Sadly, winter has returned to the great state of Montana.  After a beautiful end to last week we were greeted with a huge dumping on Monday morning.  We didn't get the worst of it though...Grandma Mary and Papa Randy were supposed to come on Monday from South Dakota, but as all the roads were closed between here and there they didn't make it!  Reder was one sad little boy, but he has gotten over it.  He's excited again today because they will be here within an hour!  He has a cold, unfortunately, but we will still have fun.  

Here are some photos of our recent activities.

We hooked up the swings on Sunday (only to take them down again Sunday night).  This was Ruby's first experience on a swing.  Holy cow, lots of fun!!  Come to think of it I think I shot a video of this so I will have to upload it later.


Reder still thinks swings are cool:


Reder likes to "shubel."  He's a good shubeler.  He and I were shoveling the back deck but I think the snow was too heavy for him and he pooped out, and told me he wanted to go inside and cook dinner instead.  So that is what we did.


Yesterday Reder went to a birthday party at our neighbor's house.  This is him all dressed up beforehand.  My neighbor is a saint.  I bet there were 12 kids there between the ages of 2 and 8, and was it mass chaos!  She had it under control though.  Brave woman.  When I went and picked Reder up at 7 he was so exhausted.  When he saw me he wanted me to pick him up and he put his head on my shoulder.  Consequently he slept in till 8 this morning!


1 comment:

sk said...

If Reder slept till 8am did you also sleep in or pace wondering when he was getting up? Is Reders swing a bat mobile?