Monday, March 2, 2009

Wine Tasting Party

To celebrate both my Birthday and Katie's retirement, and because Reder wanted a party, we had a wine-tasting party.  None of us are wine people, so we had a very informal tasting - with each person bringing a wine that they liked.  Here is the list (I think in the order we tried them?):
  1. New Age White Wine w/ ice and lime
  2. Prairie Berry Cranberry
  3. Layer Cake Malbec 2007
  4. Rosemount Shiraz 2006
  5. Turning Leaf White Zin 1998
  6. Foodies Cabernet Sauvignon 2005
One of those is a joke/prank.  Know which one?  I wouldn't have, but tasting it I sure did.  Evidently white zin doesn't age well, and vintage 1998 meant that it wasn't right.  It was even a golden color, tasting like raisins.  We called it "turned-leaf."  This was thanks to Jon and Leann.

We have a great time whenever we get together for whatever reason, and this was no exception.  Special thanks to Jon and Leann for coming despite being a bit late due to an emergency room visit...  I hope Leann's ski injury is feeling better!




No comments: