Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ruby is 9 months old!

Ruby had her 9 month checkup today.  She's a healthy girl with no problems!  She was not amused to be at the doctor today - she's getting more teeth I think because she's drooling like crazy.  Consequently she hadn't slept or ate much by the time we go to see Dr. Fairbanks.  She is 20 lb, 8 oz, and 28 inches long.  In comparison, at 9 months Reder was 25 lb, 5 oz, and 29 inches long.  He definitely has her beat, but we already knew that.  She lacks the intertube around her middle and under her chin that he had.  Here are some pictures for comparison:

It is SO much easier to feed Ruby.  She will eat anything and doesn't react to any of it.  Reder didn't like food - he only ever wanted to nurse!- and there were so many things he couldn't have.  Also notice the eczema on his chubby cheeks.





I get so stressed out for days before going to Walmart to get portraits taken - the woman there is manipulative and is a downright liar.  So we said no more after our last visit so we're trying to do it ourselves at home.  This picture of Ruby isn't that great - we had the lighting wrong - but we eventually learned and got some better ones.  Below this one is Reder dressed as a New Year's baby at 9 months.  Oh yeah, and the orange overalls Ruby is wearing were mine when I was a baby.


I have thoroughly enjoyed being a stay at home Mom so far.  I'm too busy to think about boredom or of all the cool experiments I could be doing (ha!).  I'm also finding I have been sleeping again - it's not like my job was overly stressful, but I think the busy lifestyle was getting to me.  My last two months of work I'd wake up at 2am and lay there for hours! I also have had time to explore some hobbies, take the kids to the library, cook nutritious meals, and manage to keep my house somewhat clean (at least not disgusting).  All in all, things are good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, my niece and nephew sure are cute!!!!!!!! I wish I could go back in time and pinch Reder's HUGE, adorable cheeks again! We seriously need to come up for a visit...Ruby is getting so big and you need to meet Briar!