Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Family of Seven

You may wonder why we have been lazy about blogging...well, we have been babysitting 3 little boys for the past week (the oldest is 7, and the twins are 5). They belong to a professor who was on my PhD committee. I'm not sure why they thought of us to watch the kids while they're out of town, but I guess I'll take it as a compliment! Anyway, we have been busy to say the least. They are good little boys, just active. Reder and Ruby think it's pretty cool.

Good thing we have a big kitchen table!:


Like any kid, they love to be read to, and we have found this dramatically increases our chances of having them settle down and lay still long enough, without picking on each other, to go to sleep:


On Saturday we took them to the "bouncy house" - a place full of inflatables. Ruby loves this place, and we tuckered everybody out, that's for sure.:


We also went on a hike:


And enjoyed a Mother's Day picnic on the deck (pigs in a blanket again, but everyone devoured them!):

Here they are playing "Rescue Squad". The younger ones pretend to crash their Big Wheels, then big brother comes with the wagon and takes them all to the hospital:


On Friday morning we drop them off at school/daycare before Jason and I head off on our 10th anniversary trip to Yellowstone. On our way we're dropping our 2 kids off at my mom and dad's....this will be my first night ever away from Ruby! Reder is excited - he's been counting down the days for a couple of weeks.

Oh, funny story. Reder likes to sing little rhyming ditties he makes up on the spot. The other day he got to rhyming about Tucker, one of the little boys. You can imagine how quickly I had to squash that one! But, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it because then they would all take the bait and wonder why I cared, and then it would all be over....

No comments: