Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I am not a Montana girl at heart

First of all, the weather here has been so bad lately I'm starting to lose my mind. Must we have a week of snow/cold, only to be followed by another week of the same??!? If someone reading this is moving to Hawaii can I come?

Anyway, what have we been doing besides finding things to do inside....

Reder and I made jam yesterday. Raspberry jam is one of his favorite foods on the planet. We had some raspberries in the freezer leftover from last summer so he and I got to work while Ruby was still napping. He was really interested in stirring until he realized he would rather lick all the dishes I didn't need anymore, so that's what he spent the rest of the time doing.



Reder and Ruby have been very into wrestling lately. Typically after dinner they get to it in the family room. Ruby usually shouts "wrestle!" and Reder lays on the floor and she body slams him. Then they roll around on the floor, sometimes until somebody cries, or until it's time for a bath. They have also had fun playing "dragon". Ruby holds onto Reder and he walks around like this:


Ruby has also been very excited about wearing Reder's clothes lately too. You'll notice in this photo she is wearing the sweatshirt he was wearing while we were making jam. And typically when we go out now she wants his coat and hat. He has a couple of jackets so chances are she can wear it. They're always too big but it's really fun to show up at preschool wearing your brother's things, just waiting to see if he notices. He usually does.

And the following picture is from a year ago when Ruby got into a marker. I was reminded of it b/c I had the same experience with her today. I thought I had all the markers away from her but she kept finding more! We are having 3 little boys come stay with us for a week starting tomorrow evening, so Jason pulled a mattress into the spare room where they will be staying. Ruby had a marker and drew all over the mattress today! Of course, it was Reder who came running to tell on her, but she did the number on it. She also decorated her forehead and her hands.


1 comment:

j. said...

Katie, I agree. I've always felt like I could live in Hawaii. The weather is perfect everyday. Of course you are on an island so it is hard to drive to the Reder Ranch or Colorado....