Sunday, January 23, 2011

A January Summary

We have not been up to much lately. Guess that's just how it goes in good ol' January! I haven't even taken many pictures!

We had some leftover cherry pie from Gramma Janet's house. One day after church Reder and Jason grabbed it and snarfed it down! I barely got a bite. There is something about these two and pie....



One afternoon the kids and I made raspberry jam - just freezer jam, so nothing could be easier. It is sure fun to lick everything in sight!


I probably should have just thrown Ruby in the tub after this:


Last Saturday afternoon we went sledding up Hyalite. We were getting our stuff ready to go and Ruby shouts "Where's the hot chocolate, like Steffany?" (We went sledding with Steff once and she brought hot chocolate, and Ruby remembered!) So, I quickly got some into a Thermos and we were off. We have had an abnormally warm January, so it was quite pleasant. We found a wonderful sledding hill - completely protected from the wind, the road, and easy to get to. We had the hill to ourselves! Everyone had a great time until Reder crashed and bonked his head. I think it mostly just scared him. Then we broke out the famous hot chocolate and everyone was better....even Reder, who doesn't like chocolate! A great afternoon.


A pretty view of the mountains from our sledding parking spot:


Well, we are finally back into our usual routine. I am coordinating the same Bible study as usual. I was dragging my feet at first but all of a sudden it is fun and I am happy to do it. It is amazing what a conscience decision to change one's attitude can do! Reder is back in school and loves it. I enjoy hearing his interpretation of the day's events (ie, "Quaid and David were being bad listeners so we didn't get to go outside", and "we had a new friend come to our school today!"). Ruby still continues to entertain us with her "what would happen if" questions. The other day it was "What would happen if somebody cut off their finger and put it in the bathtub and it went down the drain?" What on earth?? And yesterday she discovered that Dougie and Green Blankie were missing (they were in the washer). I told her this and she says "But I need they!" Finally, the other morning at breakfast she announced that she wanted "bouncy ball Cheerios". She was referring to Kix!


No comments: