Monday, December 20, 2010

A fun birthday for me

Today was my birthday and it was great. We started off by going to church, and I had to teach Sunday School. Then we came home, ate lunch, and put everyone down for naps. After that we loaded up the kids and went to the Nutcracker! The Kay's and the Koon's had brief parts in it so we didn't want to miss it, I've always wanted to go, and I thought the kids would like it. Here we are waiting for it to start. Ruby, stop it with that face!:

After Jason saw the awful picture he got he said "Ruby, why do you make that face?", and she said "But I was saying cheese!". The kids did great through most of it - Reder made it through the whole thing, and Jason took Ruby outside for only the last 10 minutes or so. She was trying to ballerina dance in the aisles and was just being a little too loud.

Afterwards we went out for dinner with the stars of the show. Being my birthday I got to pick, and I wanted a greasy burger. I do not remember the last time I had a burger out. So, we went to Burger Bob's. Lots of fun! Steffany, stop it with that face!


Then Jason went to the airport to pick up Aunt Karie and I took the kids home. It is great to have Karie here!

Thanks, everyone, for a great day!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It's funny, you don't look that old! Wish we could have been there!

sk said...

Ruby and I were saying CHEESE!

Dick and Mary said...

I see Dougie got to go to the nutcracker too!! Lucky Dougie!