Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Fun Afternoon with Excited Kids

I had fun with the kids on Tuesday afternoon. First, a couple of weeks ago I had pulled an advertisement out of a magazine for Fruity Pebbles, with instructions on how to make a Christmas tree out of rice krispie treats made out of them. When we were at Walmart on Tuesday I reminded Reder of this and suggested we buy the stuff to make it. He squealed with excitement (again, picture knees hitting chin while jumping for joy). We got a lot of attention for those antics. Anyway, after naptime we constructed our tree:


We even made a little snowman, and I think it turned out pretty nice:


Jason has always wanted a Lego Advent calendar. I saw one at the toy store and called him to ask if we should get it. Of course he said YES! A bit of an indulgence, but it is fun. We wrapped it up and let the kids open it on Tuesday night, since the next day was December 1 and they could open the first door. Here they are opening it:


Reder toted it around with him all evening, and talked nonstop about how excited he was. It was so cute.

The next morning I was having trouble waking him up for school, until I reminded him he could open the first door of his calendar, at which point he jumps out of bed and says "OH! I forgot!!" That was easy! Opening the door:


Look, it's a snowman!


I should comment on the hats the kids are wearing. I call Reder the Pope, but he instructed Jason exactly how to make that one for him, in minute detail. Of course Ruby then wanted one too, so Jason made her a queen. They love them!

1 comment:

Chris said...

We got the lEGO Advent Calendar as well. Arjen and Sage are both big fans!!