Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating the Christmas Tree

We were all so exhausted by the time we got home from cutting the tree that the kids weren't overly obnoxious about insisting on getting ornaments out right away. We ordered pizza and ate that instead. Jason finally got to putting on some lights the next day, which Reder helped with. He chose "the colorful lights" (colored instead of white), and unwound them for Dad. We weren't able to start putting on ornaments until after naptime but that worked great in the end.

The kids primarily enjoyed just taking the ornaments out of the boxes and looking at and playing with them. Every once in awhile one of them would hang one:



Ruby was particularly excited when we found the advent nesting dolls, with tiny baby Jesus inside as the smallest doll. Once this was discovered she pretty much lost interest in everything else.


It's hard to get my straw open for my juicebox!


Reder has certainly been struck with the Christmas spirit. He and Dad both wore Santa hats while we decorated. He was very careful with all the ornaments (no surprise!) and had a wonderful time. We had a wonderful time watching him!

Tomorrow I have about a million errands I could run but I'm not sure I feel like dragging the kids all around with me. We do have to stop at the Food Bank to make a huge delivery from the church, but apart from that....well, I might get lazy and just come home!

No comments: