Yesterday was the Wild West Winter Fest, which is pretty much a winter fair. We usually go, but this year was more fun b/c Ruby could walk, and because it wasn't so darn cold like last year. Right when we got here we decided to go on the hay ride, b/c there wasn't yet a line. Here are Jason and Reder enjoying the ride:

Then we went and wandered around to see all the animals. Ruby's favorite was the turkey - his gobble was impressive, but he kept wanting to bite her fingers, so here's Dad making her leave the Gobble Gobble alone:
My kids are getting so big!:
The highlight was the petting zoo. This little calf was adorable and quite friendly. Strangely, he was obsessed with my leather boots, and I could get him to stay still while the kids pet him just by letting him sniff and lick my boots - that just seems wrong!
Finally, there was a booth providing balloon hats. Reder would let us get his picture, but Ruby wanted to hoard her hat all to herself and would swat at Jason if he tried to get near her. Then she proceeded to drag it on the ground and pop it. Ahh, poor Ruby.
The kids have developed some funny quirks lately. Reder's is saying "I love you!" and wrapping himself around you to give you a little love. He says it all the time to me. It's too cute. Ruby's new thing is to color on places she shouldn't, like the wall (this morning she colored some squiggles then said "snake!". I stifled a laugh then gave her a talkin' to). Yesterday I caught her scribbling on one of her balls. When I said "RUBY!" she threw that marker behind her as fast as she possibly could, then went about her business as if there was no possible way I could have seen her. Ah ha, covering up our naughtiness, are we? Sometimes I wonder if Ruby could be a handful the older she gets. Ruby also wakes up in the morning singing the "mama song" as we call it. She just sweetly calls me until someone comes and gets her.
For comparison, here is a picture from the Wild West Winter Fest from 2 years ago, when Reder was about the age Ruby is now. He was scared of the animals! And look how dark Jason's hair is here - it's not overtaken by gray as it is now!! (that's okay honey, I like your gray hair)





No comments:
Post a Comment