Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Goof Balls

My kids are constantly cracking me up. This morning when Reder got up he decided he wanted to curl up on the couch with Blue Blankie and watch cartoons. When Ruby got up (she slept in till 7 today - why doesn't she do that on the weekends??) she wanted to "cuggle" too. So they got comfy together and watched cartoons while I made breakfast:




Yesterday, Reder was scribbling in this little notebook he found in the drawer where I keep all of their art supplies. Pretty soon I looked over and he had written his name! I had no idea he could do that - I frequently ask him if he wants me to write some letters on some paper so that he could copy them, but he has always insisted he can't write letters. Turns out they've been teaching him this in school, which I was totally clueless about. After his name, he starts writing a letter, then shouting "this is a Q!" or "this is a P!". It's fun to watch how quickly they learn things.


Jason and I were a bit frazzled by children this evening. They were both so exhausted (Ruby only slept for 1 hour this afternoon, go figure) they were barely functional, which for a little kid translates into running around and being extremely silly, on the verge of being naughty. Whew, they're in bed now. Ruby was out like a light, and Reder didn't even want to play blocks for more than 5 minutes before he climbed into bed to sleep.

No comments: