Before I get into YakTrax....a random picture. This morning we told Ruby it was time to go to church, so she runs and puts her hat on, and tried to put on her gloves. In the meantime Reder practically tackled her to give her a hug. She's cute in this one - Reder looks demented. For the life of us we cannot get a decent picture of these two together. We've tried so many times. This one will have to do for now:

It was a gorgeous sunny day, so we decided we'd love to go on a hike. In a whirlwind we decided we couldn't live without YakTrax, so I ran to town and got us some. They are these rubberband-like things that wrap around the bottom of your shoe. They have metal wrap-around things on the bottom that keep you from slipping. We took them up Kirk Hill and were thoroughly impressed. Kirk Hill didn't get the "hill" part of its name for nothing, so there was no way we could have made it up and down without falling on our faces without our YakTrax. In a way I feel like these things have opened up a lot of opportunities for us - hooray!
Here is a picture of me and Ruby on the trail:
Then we went out for pizza. I'm on the Abs diet (well, it's not really a diet, but rather a re-organizing of when I eat more than anything, plus some detailed recommendations of what to eat everytime I do), and according to this diet I get one "cheat" meal per week, where I can eat what I want. Mackenzie River is a great place to eat what I want so I was happy. Here is a picture of me and Ruby being goofy (noticed I chopped my hair):
Reder PIGGED OUT on pizza. He had 3 pieces. This amount of food is unheard of for him. Guess he was hungry!:
Here is Reder giving me a nice hug (right after he told me "I love you!!", see post below):




1 comment:
Katie and Reder look so much alike in this picture! And we used to think he was mini-Jason.
Post a Comment