The last couple of weeks have been busy at the Daughenbaugh house, but no complaints! Reder has been very excited for Halloween this year. This past Friday night was the pumpking carving party at our church. He started asking me the previous Sunday how many more days until the church party, and then asked me every day after that! The party was pretty fun - dinner was provided, they had a big inflatable castle for the kids to jump, and lots of carnival games. There was lots and lots of chasing Ruby around, too. Plus Reder and Daddy carved our pumpkins:

One day last week Mom and I canned a giant batch of salsa using the last of our garden tomatoes:
Last Saturday we went to Rocky Creek Farm to get our pumpkins. It was lots of fun, but extremely cold. If it hadn't have been for the wind it wouldn't have been so bad. We had that nasty cold snap earlier in the month so this place picked all of their pumpkins and stored them, then threw them out in the field for us to go choose one. Kind of cheesy, but couldn't be avoided. Here Reder got to drive the tractor:
All of us on the trailer riding down the hill after picking our pumpkins:
Reder immediately chose the first pumpkin he saw, of course:
I'm not sure Ruby really cared what we were doing:
Obviously my pictures are not in chronological order. This one is from the previous week. The kids and I went to Mom and Dad's for the day. In the afternoon we took a little drive up Mill Creek, which had been scorched in a forest fire a few years ago. It's a pretty area, but too bad much of it is black. Here is Ruby getting ready to throw rocks in the river:
Reder and Papa playing on logs:
I love this picture. Ruby is being an adorable cowgirl again:
Last weekend it was our turn to bring home the guinea pigs from preschool. Ruby was simply fascinated:
Here is Ruby in a little coat GG got for her. Pretty cute!
We've been busy but having lots of fun! Kids are still asleep after our crazy Halloween last night, and of course I can't sleep with this time change, especially. I'll post Halloween soon.










No comments:
Post a Comment