Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

As usual the weekend went by in a flash. Friday and Saturday provided HOT, wonderful weather. I loved it. Friday Jason took off work early and we took the kids to Bogert Pool. Holy cow, so much fun! It was nice b/c there was a very shallow section for the kids, and a duck slide that landed the kids in about 2 feet deep of water. Reder was kinda chicken but would do it. Ruby would go without any fear (granted we made sure to hold her hand the whole way). Ruby screamed when we made her get out of the pool and didn't stop crying until we had driven away. Then we went out for pizza. Great afternoon! Saturday was spent canning peaches and pears, and pitting and freezing cherries, and raspberries, with my parents. Our freezer and shelves are stocked full! I still have a ton of beets and peas and carrots to do....hope it all fits!

Here are some pictures from our weekend.

This is Ruby with her favorite things - a hat, her binkie, and Dougie, her little blankie:



Kids playing in the play sink in the backyard. The difference between my kids makes me laugh. Reder very daintily (sp??) pours water and doesn't get more than his hands wet. Ruby dumps water in her face, down her front, in her hair, so by the time she is done she needs everything changed. Just like cousin Wally!:



I am always curious to see what Reder does during naptime. When I retrieved him on Friday this is what he looked like. He tells me wearing suspenders like this is only comfortable if you're wearing a badge. If you're not wearing a badge, it's not comfortable. I love his logic statements!:

Lately Ruby has really taken to books:


My boys:

It has been raining all afternoon. Jason still managed to move the fencing we had put up around our apple/plum/cherry trees when we planted them. The trees have grown so much that they are being choked by the fencing. He moved the posted out farther, and rewrapped them with chicken wire. If the dumb deer didn't eat everything around here we wouldn't have to worry about this! I picked as many peas with Ruby on my back as I could until we just got too wet, so we called it a day and went in. I got a huge bucket-full and I didn't even pick half of them!

No comments: