Monday, April 20, 2009

Finally, Nice Weather!

The snow is melting!  

It almost broke 70 degrees yesterday, and it did today, and is supposed to stay in the 70's for the next few days (although maybe snow or rain by next weekend!)

So we have been enjoying the nice weather.  Yesterday we went for a walk at a wildlife preserve.  We saw lots of ducks and Reder even got to chase the biggest garter snake I have ever seen.  Ruby enjoyed riding in the backpack until Katie asked her if she wanted a cracker.  She did, but they were unfortunately back at the car, and she didn't want to wait.  So Ruby and I headed back to the car while Katie and Reder watched an otter.


After our walk we stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins.  How come the most disgusting-colored, artificial-flavored, candy-filled ice cream is immediately the one a 3 year old  wants?  And loves? 

I also have to post some pictures from about an hour ago.  After dinner I put Ruby to bed and then went outside with Reder to fly a kite.  It was perfect - good wind, and WARM!  Grandpa Rob's suggestion of using a fishing pole for a kite worked awesome!  This is a great tip to remember!



No comments: