Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Funny Reder-isms

Today was a fun day with Reder.  I was at work most of the day but we sure had fun while I was at home.  This morning I was downstairs doing dishes and he was upstairs playing in his room.  I was on my way up to check on him and noticed his pants and undies had been thrown over the railing way down onto the floor below.  I went up stairs and asked him what he was doing.  He told me "Reder pee pee in pants.  Reder go potty in dark by self.  Reder throw old pants WAY down there.  Reder get dressed all by self!"  Sure enough he had taken himself to the bathroom and had gotten some new undies and pants and put them on all by himself.  They were on backwards but still, pretty good!  I'm not sure what prompted him to throw his wet clothes overboard but I had to chuckle.  Guess we should all do that with our dirty clothes!

Tonight after dinner we taught Reder how to play tag.  It was so nice outside we decided we'd better take advantage of it.  He thought it was great fun.  He would run and cover his bottom with his hands in anticipation of one of us tagging him.   Then we had to play duck-duck-goose, which we learned with Wally while we were in South Dakota.  We also had to play ring around the rosy.  Then he tells us to play "buzz buzz bee."  We had no idea what that was but we all pretended to fly around and buzz like bees, then make funny noises when we ran into each other.  To top it all off we all had popsicles outside in our coats in the dark.  What fun!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect evening! Was Ruby sleeping and missing out on all the fun?!

Why do kids *always* put stuff on backwards (or shoes on the wrong feet?)? I just don't get it, but they all do it!!

Give that smart boy a smooch from his Aunt Kelly! And one for Ruby's nice, fat cheeks, too!!!!! Love you guys!