Saturday, October 4, 2008

Daily Commute

I feel like I have the best commute possible.  It is short, quick, easy, and scenic.  

My commute to work is only about 5-6 miles, depending on the route.  Sure, it could be shorter, but it could easily be much longer.  And time-wise, it is less than 10 minutes as I never have to deal with traffic, and they are fast highway roads.  

A few weeks ago I got my motorcycle running.  I expected that it would be a challenge to get it running since I hadn't ridden it in seven or eight years, but all I did was put in new fuel and it started right up (on the first kick!).  I did lose a turkey-baster in the gas tank as part of this procedure...

So I have been driving my motorcycle the 5.5 miles to and from work each day.  I have really enjoyed it.  My commute has turned into a joy rather than a nuisance.  (Plus I am saving gas!)  Unfortunately the weather is changing and my motorcycle days are numbered.  So Thursday I took the camera with me to take some pictures.  These are below in my first attempt at a picasa slideshow - let me know if people have problems with it!



Jason

1 comment:

thebensons123 said...

A turkey baster? That gave me a good laugh!