Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pre-Christmas Fun


Last weekend we went up Hyalite Canyon and went sledding with my parents. It was a warm day so quite comfortable. The kids love to go sledding but they were taking it so seriously that day we had to keep asking Ruby if she was having fun. She said she was but she didn't act like it! They almost seemed to have more fun collecting branches with Papa than sledding down the hill!

Gramma made us wear our festive holiday gear:


One morning I made the kids a special breakfast - Christmas-shaped pancakes decorated with powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and dried fruit:


Reder wouldn't eat it, and Ruby requested just a plain pancake. Really?? When I was a kid I would have thought that was totally cool. It's so hard to impress my kids.

One afternoon the church's WOW team went to the nursing home to sing Christmas carols. The kids were a little nervous but it was good for them. They did a good job. Ruby wanted to get all dressed up for the event:


No comments: