Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

First off I apologize for being so behind in blogging. I definitely go through phases where it does not sound fun and then all of a sudden I'm happy to do it again. I think I am learning about myself that I do not like anything about photos....I hate taking them, organizing them, writing about them....but I love having them!

This is just an embarrassing picture of Chip enthusiastically eating a turkey leg. Thought this could be used in future AED photoshopping endeavors.



Here Ruby drew a picture of herself on her color board. She was quite proud!


For Thanksgiving we went to my parents' in Livingston. We went over on Thursday morning, spent then night and headed home Friday morning. We had a great time!

This is what you do when you are an old retired dog, even if it is Thanksgiving:


Look at this enormous mound of mashed potatoes! I intentionally piled it up like that. This is what happens when you grow your own potatoes and consequently have potatoes coming out your ears!


Oh, pure deliciousness!


Ruby thought the food was great. Reder was so exhausted he could hardly sit up and eat, so he didn't eat much. It is hard to get that kid excited about food. It is also amazing how tired he gets at Gramma's house. We had probably been there all of 5 hours by the time we ate this meal. What did he do already that wiped him out??


On Thanksgiving we always make gingerbread houses in the evening. Over the years we have learned that it's just easier, more efficient, and more satisfying for everyone if we have Jason build all of the structures for us, and we just decorate. Otherwise we spend way too much time on that, and they fail anyway!

Jason made Reder and Ruby each a little castle with an arched entrance. That was a hit! I got a church, Dad got a barn, and Mom got an outhouse. They turned out great!




No comments: