Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Some Firsts for Ruby

It's finally Ruby's turn to shine and she knows it! Brother is situated in school (well, kind of, I'll write more on that below), so now she can do some fun things on her own.

We had the first day of gymnastics last week. She absolutely thought this was great. She's a "big girl" so she gets to be in the big kid class and follow the teacher without mom even having to be there.

Here she is all ready to go. This picture is very similar to one I took a year ago, but this time Reder is not with us. You will notice throughout these pictures that this is her new "cheese" face:


Making a silly face:


Today was her first day of preschool. She was SO happy about this day, but this morning she was very serious. This big girl stuff is a big deal! She was calm all morning and didn't say much, and was happy to see me go at school, I think. Unlike her!

Gramma Janet got her a new princess shirt to wear. I like this picture b/c she is holding Doug. Of course he's in her first school picture!

And her awesome new monster backpack I got at a garage sale.

Reder wanted to be in a picture of course:


And here she is at her school, waiting for me to just go already:



I leave to pick her up in just a couple of minutes, but this morning I went on a run with no pressure, came home and took a shower, and am doing some church stuff. The whole time I was running I felt like I was playing hooky from school. Surely that feeling will pass soon.

Speaking of Reder, we are having problems. He loves school, but he doesn't like leaving me in the mornings. Last Friday he screamed and cried. Yesterday Jason took him and all was well. I took him this morning. He cried and ran screaming after me in the playground as I was trying to leave. A teacher just told me to keep walking so I did, but it was hard. I noticed his teacher grab him and drab him inside. Oh I'm so happy I'm not a kindergarten teacher. I hope this phase passes quickly!!

No comments: