Friday, October 7, 2011

Run Reder Run!

Today was Reder's Jog-a-Thon fundraiser at school. He collected pledges per lap, then each grade had a designated 30 minute block of time to run laps around the playground. It was a cold, dreary day, but it was still lots of fun! We had no trouble at drop-off this morning because he was so excited for school. He did great!

Here he is, coming around the bend for his first lap:



They all had cards safety pinned to their back, and as they passed their class's station, a parent volunteer would put an X in a box - a pretty clever way to keep track of laps!


Ruby and I made a sign. Steff and her mom came too which was very special:


Look, I think he ran 15 laps! (donors, don't hold me to that in case I counted wrong, I'll let you know). We're so proud of him- and he was proud too.


Pooped at the end. He was heading in for lunch (and a tug from his inhaler, too!) as we were leaving. Good job Reder!

No comments: