I have a very happy garden this year, which of course makes me happy! I love to garden. It's just so much fun to plan it, plant it, take care of it, then eat it! I try to get out there once a day to just be there. Lately we have been eating squash up the wazoo, zucchini, beets, carrots, peas (though I have not kept up with them at all - I admit I still have this 6 year old pregnancy-related aversion), and tonight we had some fennel. So much fun.
I also dedicated a large chunk of my garden plot to flowers this year. I told Jason it was b/c I wanted to feed his bees, but it was also because I love growing flowers. I was out there today and the garden was a-buzz with bee activity. They appreciate it!
Here is a bouquet of mixed flowers I cut recently. I could cut several of these every day if I wanted to. Pretty!

My sweet peas are growing like weeds and so I always make sure I have some in the house to make it smell nice:


I finally had two ripe tomatoes! I made a quick salsa and it was divine. I expect more ripe tomatoes any time now.
My friend Steff brought me some Utah peaches home from her trip. Man, they were delicious. Reder thought so too. He requested many times if he could eat one, and I usually obliged, except for when he wanted to eat one right after his bath. Sorry, nope. They're too juicy.


1 comment:
Reder should eat peaches in the bathtub!
Post a Comment