One evening about a month ago we decided to eat a pizza out in the trees. We do that sometimes, and usually with pizza since it's easy to eat. The underlying theme of these photos is the opportunist in the background....look at all the pictures.

After we ate some dinner Jason found some gooseberry bushes nearby, right next to the stream. Of course we had to pick those! They are rather tart but we thought they'd make good jam (I made some, and they did!). These bushes are so pokey though....not fun picking!!


We abandoned our dinner once we got picking berries....Cubby tried so hard to be a good dog. She eventually lost the battle as I noticed she ate Reder's crust. I love Cubs.
I also made a fresh raspberry pie for dessert. Yummy yummy yummy. Kids loved it too.
More berry picking - Reder found a great patch right by the stream.
Yes, these are older pictures, but I thought you still might enjoy them. Today we got home from camping at Luccock again. We had a wonderful time, as this weekend was Family Camp so lots of fun folks from our church were there. We had several meltdowns today though, even after we got the kids to both take naps! Back to routine tomorrow, when we have Reder's Kindergarten orientation. I will let everyone know how it goes - he's very excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment