Thursday, August 25, 2011

A princess for GI Joe

On a whim we went for haircuts today. I wasn't planning on going to town, so I was looking a little slobby. Well, then Wany, our exchange student who is living with us temporarily until he can move into his house for college, wanted a ride to town. We dropped him off, then decided to do even more while we were in town. I was a little embarrassed but I got over it. We went to Cowlicks, which has cool chairs to sit in (a horse! An airplane!) and movies playing while you get your hair cut.

I had been wanting to cut Ruby's hair off. I love her curls, but it's always in her eyes, and a little annoying for all of us. So, she got it short up the back and longer on the sides, so we can still put "pretties" in it. We also got tinsel, most likely as a one-time treat due to the cost!! She chose turquoise. We call it her princess hair.

I usually cut Reder's, but with him starting kindergarten and all, I didn't mind spending $10 to get him a decent 'do. He looks like GI Joe to me. I love it.






Aunt Karie informed me she has tinsel in her hair too. Ruby thought that was cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they both look SO cute, and briar would be totally jealous of ruby's "princess hair"!!
ruby looks just like karie as a kid in that last picture!

sk said...

That doesn't look like Ruby in the last picture. I bet Reder wishes he had some tinsel.