Reder had kindergarten orientation this past Monday morning. Ruby stayed with the neighbor and he and I went. He got to play in his classroom, and then we had a tour of the school. Then I was free to go while he got to know his teacher for another hour.
We are lucky to live in a "rich" school area. This school strikes me as having lots of money, parent involvement, and good teachers. How'd we get so lucky? I think we will like Morning Star.
Here is Reder in his classroom, checking out the blocks:

Here is the classroom. His teacher is Miss Jones. She's only been at the school 3 years, and I swear she can't be older than 25. I like her! She has a sweet, soft voice, and is very gentle with the kids. I think Reder will thrive with that. I'm very excited to see what this year holds for this class. (An aside: notice the Xena warrior princess in the background. I know I"m not nice, but that mother is darn right scary. No woman should have biceps twice as big as her husband's, and no one in Montana gets that tan).
There's a little hallway on the side of his classroom, separated by a wall from the classroom. This is for storage, and their cubbies. They each have one for backpacks, coats, and gym shoes, plus all the paraphenalia that comes with winter, like boots.
The library was awesome. It had this wooden castle thing for sitting in and reading. I wonder how many kids actually read here as opposed to play in it. Reder liked it. I liked the librarian. She does not meet the definition of a librarian to me. She is large, loud, and jolly. She just couldn't wait to have these kids come to library. Does anybody watch Dinosaur Train? You know Mr. Conductor's mom? She sounds just like that.


Reder was most impressed by the gym. He was giddy when he saw it, and I couldn't get him to stop running laps. He can't wait for his first day of gym, but sadly, I think they only get it twice a week.
Last night Reder was so excited for today, but he went right to sleep, before 8 even, which surprised us.


No comments:
Post a Comment